Rules & regulations
SAOTOMEMARATONA is organized in accordance with the rules and regulations of the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF), the Association of International Marathons and Distance Races (AIMS), the São Tomé Athletics Federation and the stipulated provisions then.
• The enrollment application will only be processed after full payment of the enrollment fee is received.
• Participants of 10 km, 21 km and 42 km must be over 18 years of age.
• All participants must ensure that they are medically fit to participate in the race.
• The organizer reserves the right to contact and interview applicants by phone to obtain additional information required for matters related to this event.
• Organizers will not be responsible for any dispute arising from incomplete / incorrect entry details.
• The organizer reserves the right to refuse entry to applicants who declare false information on their registration form, do not make the required payment.
• The organizer reserves the right to limit or reject tickets and close tickets before the closing deadline without notice, especially when a specific race quota is full.
• Tickets are not transferable to other people or to future events.
• While the organizer will take all reasonable precautions to ensure the participant's safety, participants are at their own risk and the organizers will not be responsible for any loss and / or damage, whether personal or otherwise, and in any way that arises.
• The Organizers reserve the right to use personal data, contact information, films, recordings or any other registration obtained from participants for the SAOTOMEMARATONA for legitimate purposes, including commercial advertising, remarketing, marketing of other products offered by the organizer and those offered by the sponsors for the São Tomé solidarity marathon.
• Participants are required to wear an official marathon race number on the front of their t-shirt.
• Personal trainers, mentors or coaches will not be allowed on the course unless they register for the event and carry an official marathon race number.
• Unofficial vehicles, motorcycles or bicycles are not allowed on the course.
• Pets are not allowed on the course.
• Race numbers and race timing are not transferable to other participants.
• Participants must start the event only at an officially authorized start time.
• Competitors are required to follow the instructions of the Saotomemaratona staff, or Traffic Police at all times.
• Participants must start at the official start line and complete the full officially measured course as outlined in this guide.
• A runner must withdraw from the race immediately if he is identified by a member of the official medical team in a reflective jacket with a red cross.
Free buses will be available to the runners for the different starts of the race. Starting point: Olympic Stadium 12 JULHO. Hours: 5.00 am.
End of event
São Tomé police will lift road closures according to the schedule published. The opening of the path means the end of the event and any competitor on the course after this time will be excluded from the result.Once the roads are open (the end of the event) the São Tomé traffic regulations apply.
* A trail vehicle or bus will alert late racers that the road is about to open up to normal everyday traffic.
It is the competitor's responsibility to become familiar with the event rules, race formats, times and routes and instructions .Failure to comply with any of the rules may lead to disqualification.
Luggage for all races is located at the starting line.
The consignment centers for each race will be clearly identified . To enter any consignment center, you must show your official race bib to the assistant security guard.
When you pick up your luggage, you must show your bib number again. Make sure the security tag has not been opened when you receive the bag and before you leave the lockers. If it has been tampered with, report it to the Saotomemaratona's staff immediately.
All left luggage must be collected before 2:00 pm